04/13/15: EAGAN, Minn. – Thomson Reuters will join with ABA TECHSHOW in support of key sponsorships at this year’s conference including the Arrival Reception, Appathon, and the keynote address featuring bestselling author Nicholas Carr. Carr’s conversation will center on technology, culture and the Internet, and their impact on the legal industry and legal professionals. Carr is author of “The Glass Cage: Automation and Us”; “The Shallows: What the Internet is Doing to Our Brains,” a 2011 Pulitzer Prize finalist; “The Big Switch: Rewriting the World, from Edison to Google”; and “Does IT Matter?”.
Following the keynote presentation on Friday, April 17, Carr will sign copies of his latest title in the Thomson Reuters booth (#307). Additionally, the Thomson Reuters booth will feature product experts and demonstrations ofWestlawNext, Practical Law, Firm Central, Litigation Solutions and ProView.
In celebration of the baseball season, Thomson Reuters also will host the Arrival Reception where attendees can network while enjoying ballpark-themed food and drinks on Wednesday, April 15.
“We are proud to partner with the American Bar Association and continue to support ABA TECHSHOW,” said Craig Larson, vice president of Productivity Solutions for Thomson Reuters Legal. “This conference is a flagship event where we can interact with tech-forward customers as we all look to advance innovation in the legal industry.”
Thomson Reuters will provide attendees an opportunity to learn and discuss some of the most relevant topics impacting the legal profession and firms today during four “Lunch n’ Learn” sessions hosted on Friday, April 17. Topics for the “Lunch n’ Learns” include:
- The future of advertising (hosted by FindLaw)
- Practice management and other legal cloud services specifically for Solo or small firms (hosted by Firm Central)
- Deliver results, gain efficiencies and become more profitable! Use technology to obtain and maintain a competitive advantage (hosted by Litigation Technology Solutions)
- Technology to help your business law firm be more efficient (hosted by Practical Law)
- Managing to key performance metrics and improve lawyer efficiency. How effective is your firm? (hosted by ProLaw)
As in previous years, Thomson Reuters will sponsor the charging lounge where the renowned caricaturist will be stationed, allowing attendees to take home a one-of-a-kind souvenir. Thomson Reuters also will host five “Taste of Tech” dinners at local restaurants with discussions focusing on gamification, social media, the cloud and e-discovery, and giving attendees the opportunity for informal conversation and networking with peers.