Apple will launch a new iPhone in the first quarter of 2020, said a senior insider of the company’s new products: it will be the iPhone SE2 model with the A13 chip, which appeared in the iPhone 11, but the device will look like the current “eight”.
- Apple’s plans were announced by Ming-Chi Kuo, an analyst at TF International Securities, who is known for his accurate predictions about Apple products. He accurately predicted the appearance of the Macbook with Retina display, the release of the iPhone 6 (shape and size), as well as the appearance of the Touch ID feature on the iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3.
- According to Kuo, the IPhone SE2 released early next year will be the best choice for iPhone 6 users (about 100 million people). This will be a key factor in Apple’s growth in 2020.
- The new smartphone will be equipped with an A13 processor (iPhone 11 runs on it), and 3 GB of RAM, a 4.7-inch screen. Externally, the smartphone will be made similar to the iPhone 8.
- The device will be cheaper than the latest models due to simpler cameras. The device will also be distinguished from the new models by the “home” button and the Touch ID (fingerprint recognition) function instead of Face ID (face recognition).
- The analyst explained that iPhone SE2 will increase iPhone market share due to a more affordable price: it may be similar to the price of iPhone 8 (now it is about $ 450, in Russia it is 40 thousand rubles) or $ 50 less. Recall that the new iPhone 11 costs from $ 700 (in Russia from 60 thousand rubles).
- According to Kuo’s forecast, iPhone SE2 shipments will reach 30-40 million units in 2020 – almost the same as Apple sold iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max devices from October 2018 to June 2019 (48 million according to Canalys estimates).
The budget iPhone SE (costing $ 349 at the start for a model with 16 GB of memory) was introduced in 2016 and was supposed to be an alternative to the then-released “new type” iPhone: iPhone 6, iPhone 7.