Most of the new billionaires live in China, where the first outbreak of coronavirus infection occurred.
“Their fortunes propelled by a stock market surge as investors flocked to companies involved in the development of vaccines, treatments, medical devices and everything in between”the article says.
The publication clarifies that most of the new billionaires in the health sector live in China, where the first cases of a new type of coronavirus infection were recorded.
According to the publication, among the new billionaires who became rich during the pandemic were:
- This simple habit boosts immune system and lowers risk of flu, infections
- An unusual Omircon Symptom may signal you’re infected, although rapid flow tests may miss it
- Foods that can help reduce the risk of hip fracture by 8%
- This diet may help repair damage from traumatic brain injury
- Who is more exposed to Arthritis? Early warning signs you should know
- Uğur Şahin is the CEO of the German biotechnology company BioNTech. In partnership with the American Pfizer, it has developed a vaccine against coronavirus, the declared effectiveness of which was 95%. Since the beginning of the year, the company’s shares are up 160%. Against this background, the fortune of Shahin, who owns 17% of BioNTech, reached $ 4.2 billion.
- Stéphane Bancel is the head of the American company Moderna. He has developed a coronavirus vaccine, which, like the Pfizer drug, has already been approved in the United States. Forbes estimates Bancel’s fortune at $ 4.1 billion. In March, he reduced his stake in the company from 9% to 6%. Since the beginning of the year, the value of Moderna shares has risen by more than 550%.
- Yuan Liping is the ex-wife of Du Weimin, chairman of the board of Shenzhen Kangtai Biological Products. After the divorce, she received 24% of the company, which is one of the leading vaccine manufacturers in China. In particular, it is the only vaccine manufacturer in the PRC of AstraZeneca. Since the beginning of the year, Shenzhen Kangtai Biological Products’ shares are up 90%, and the Yuan’s fortune has reached $ 4.1 billion.
- Hu Kun is the head of the Chinese company Contec Medical Systems, which manufactures medical equipment, including nebulizers, stethoscopes and blood pressure monitors. In August, he listed the company on the Shenzhen exchange. Hu owns about half of Contec Medical Systems, which is up nearly 150% after the IPO. His fortune is estimated at $ 3.9 billion.
- Karl Hansen is the head of AbCellera, a Canadian company that uses artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies to find the most promising antibody-based disease treatments. According to the publication, his fortune is $ 2.9 billion.
- Moderna co-founder Timothy Springer ($ 2 billion). Its share in the company is 3.5% and is estimated at about $ 1.6 billion. In addition, Springer is actively investing in a number of other biotech companies, Forbes noted.
- Sergio Stevanato is the head of the Italian company Stevanato Group, which is the second largest glass bottle manufacturer in the world. According to Forbes, its container will be used for more than 40 coronavirus vaccines. The publication estimates Stevanato’s fortune at $ 1.8 billion.
Recall that the world’s billionaires are much richer in 2020. The total capital of billionaires in the “coronavirus” year increased by 20% – to $ 11.4 trillion.