Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine shows 89.3% efficacy and more than 15 thousand people aged 18 to 84 took part in the clinical trials, including 27% over 65
According to the results of the third phase of clinical trials, the effectiveness of the vaccine of the American biotechnological company Novavax was 89.3%. This was announced on Thursday, January 28, by the press release.
“The vaccine against COVID-19, according to the results of the third phase of clinical trials conducted in the UK, showed an effectiveness of 89.3%,” the manufacturer said in a statement.
- Trump moved to Pakistan? What do you think This is the ex-president of the US or His Brother?
- An early warning sign of Diabetes most people ignore or don’t know yet, According to experts
- White spots on your fingernails – is it ‘COVID NAILS’ or an early sign of a more dangerous disease
- Unusual Warning Signs You May Have Kidney Cancer
- One Tablespoon of this powerful plant protein can reduce cancer and heart attack risk – Say Experts
It is specified that more than 15 thousand people aged 18 to 84 took part in the tests, 27% of them were over 65 years old.
Last July, Novavax announced that the US administration had allocated $ 1.6 billion to develop a vaccine against the coronavirus. The first phase of human clinical trials of this vaccine began in May in Melbourne, Australia.
In November, Bloomberg presented a ranking of the demand for vaccines against coronavirus.
Novavax was at the second place in the number of pre-orders (1.4 billion doses, of which 160 million – the USA, 100 million – Europe), the third – Johnson & Johnson (1.3 billion doses, of which 430 million – the United States, 300 million – European countries).
Most of the purchases in the world are for the vaccine of the British company AstraZeneca.