After eight years of development, the long-awaited dystopian video game ‘Cyberpunk 2077’ became a disappointment to gamers around the world due to numerous bugs and poor optimization.
The Polish company CD Projekt RED issued a statement in which it promised to fix the problems and return the money to users who were not happy with their experience.
“First of all, we would like to start by apologizing for not showing the game on the latest generation base consoles,” the company stated.
It added that it will fix bugs and crashes soon and improve the overall experience. They reported that they had already released the first patch, while the next update “will come in a week”. Two other major updates, capable of “solving the most serious problems” of the video game, will be ready for February.
Finally, they also offered users who are not happy with the quality of the video game to request a refund.
“We would always like everyone who buys our games to be satisfied with their purchase. But if you are not happy with the title on your console or do not want to wait for updates, you can choose to return your copy [of the video game],” as stated in the statement.
Further, CD Projekt RED explained that if it is a digital copy, it is necessary to use the PSN or Xbox returns system, and if it is a physical drive, you can try to “return it in the store where you purchased it”. “If this is not possible, contact us firstname.lastname@example.org we will do our best to help you.”
- Researchers unearth the world’s best coffee bean
- Paternal drinking: Men who drink while trying for a baby ‘over a third more likely to father kids with birth defects’ – scientists warn
- Terror Drill: Northants Police training with the US Air Force at an RAF base to defend against a Die Hard-style terrorist attack
- Railway worker rescues a child who fell on the tracks just as train was approaching | Video
- Is eating red meat really that bad for your heart?
The launch of the action role-playing video game Cyberpunk 2077, whose development began in 2012, had been postponed three times due to optimization problems for the most modern consoles. The game received generally positive reviews from critics and has a 90 rating on Metacritic.