Less than 24 hours ago the new iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max arrived. A total of three phones where Apple has especially highlighted its new ultra wide-angle cameras and the video capabilities they have. However, these new phones bring much more.
With the keynote already finished and after being able to review better the set of novelties that Apple has presented, we can find a series of interesting details of the new iPhone that is worth highlighting.
14 features of the new iPhone 11 that should be highlighted
If we review the new iPhone, its specifications and internal features, we have some relevant details that we should not overlook:
- Space audio with Dolby Atmos: The new iPhone 11 comes with surround sound using 3D spatial audio. They get it thanks to the multiple speakers and Dolby Atmos support.
- Wi-Fi 6: The iPhone 11 is the first iPhone to support the new Wi-Fi 6 standard for faster download speeds.
- QuickTake on the camera: The functionality will come later through a software update. With it you can record videos while taking pictures. Basically the phone will understand that if you keep the shutter pressed you want to make a video, so you will do it with the same settings and resolution as the photographs.
- Audio zoom: This feature is most interesting, zooming in and out of a video being recorded will also zoom in and out of the audio that captures the microphones.
- 12 Mpx front camera: The front camera of the iPhone 11 becomes 12 megapixels, with an aperture of f / 2.2
- More water resistance: The depth to which iPhone with IUP68 resistance can be submerged has practically doubled. The iPhone 11 goes 2 meters deep compared to 1 meter deep in the iPhone XR. The iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max pass 4 meters in front of the 2 meters of the iPhone XS and XS Max.
- The new U1 chip: This new chip allows the iPhone 11 to be located much more precisely indoors. Use the data collected by a multitude of sensors and get AirDrop to know which device to connect to just by pointing at it.
- Face ID 30% faster: Not only has the Face ID speed been improved, but now it works in more angles. That is, it can for example be unlocked with the phone placed on the table, without having to lift it.
- A much faster GPU: Apple ensures that the new iPhone brings the fastest GPU of any smartphone on the market. It indicates that it is 20% faster than the GPU of the iPhone XR, also that it is more efficient (less resource consumption) yet.
- Pet portrait mode: Apple blames this advantage on the new ultra-wide-angle camera. As indicated, together with the main camera can now get portrait mode also in animals.
- Super Retina XDR screen (on Pro models): Exclusive to the most powerful iPhone, Apple has placed an OLED screen with Super Retina XDR technology. It comes with 800 nits of brightness and get up to 1,200 nits in HDR10 movies and HDR photos. It also brings a contrast with 20,000,000: 1 ratio.
- New colors: In the iPhone 11 they have introduced the mauve and the green, while in the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max they have introduced the dark green.
- Twice as high in panoramic photos (in Pro models): Thanks to the ultra wide angle lens, it is possible to create higher panoramic views than before, specifically twice as high.
- 18W charger included (on Pro models): All iPhone 11s are compatible with fast charging, however, only Pro models come with an 18W charger instead of the classic 5W charger that Apple includes since 2010 with the iPhone 4.
These are just some details of the new iPhone 11. For more news on apple and apple-related products.