6.5 C
New York
Friday, October 22, 2021

Jennifer Lopez’s fiance charged with racketeering and fraud

Must Read

A newly-found mutation may make virus even more contagious and weaken Covid-19 vaccines further – scientists

A newly-found mutation of the Covid delta strain is being studied in the United Kingdom amid concerns...

Veteran warns of a potential cryptocurrency crash that could hit global stock markets

Mark Mobius, a renowned emerging markets investor, has warned of a possible cryptocurrency crash that could hit global...

US CDC Alert: Fresh whole onions linked to Salmonella outbreak

US CDC warned, adding, people who have unlabeled whole red, white, or yellow onions at home to...
Jiya Saini
Jiya Saini is a Journalist and Writer at Revyuh.com. She has been working with us since January 2018. After studying at Jamia Millia University, she is fascinated by smart lifestyle and smart living. She covers technology, games, sports and smart living, as well as good experience in press relations. She is also a freelance trainer for macOS and iOS, and In the past, she has worked with various online news magazines in India and Singapore. Email: jiya (at) revyuh (dot) com

Alex Rodriguez was sued for $ 50 million. The brother of his ex-wife called the athlete a “serial cheater and liar.”

Singer Jennifer Lopez’s fiance Alex Rodriguez is suspected of fraud and racketeering. The professional baseball player was sued by the brother of his ex-wife, Constantine Scurtis.

The documents obtained by the media list an impressive list of crimes, including filing false tax documents, insurance fraud, racketeering (talks it’s about the alleged takeover of the real estate empire that Rodriguez and Scurtis built together).

The lawsuit, in which the brother of Alex’s ex-wife claims $50 million, was filed seven years ago. In early February, a Miami court ruled that Lopez’s boyfriend would have to answer to the law even after so many years after the charges were filed.

The judge added that no further amendments are allowed in this case and all the issues that the court will consider will be based only on the claims set out in the current complaint of the plaintiff.

It is known that after marrying Cynthia Scurtis in 2002, Rodriguez and her brother started a real estate business: the athlete invested 95% of the capital, and Scurtis the remaining 5% (also he received 3% commissions from the purchase of new homes and apartments).

By 2008, the business was estimated at a billion dollars, but Constantine claims that in 2005 Alex convinced him not to take a commission, and invest in business development to make money remained liquid within the company. The move, Scurtis alleges, cost him $ 8 million.

He also said that Rodriguez removed his name from the documents of some companies that were created for specific projects in the real estate sector, once again depriving him of significant profits.

According to the plaintiff, he was “fraudulently pushed out of business and deprived of income.”

“Defendant Alex Rodriguez, a former Yankees baseball player, is a serial con man and liar. After Alex deceived his wife Cynthia and lied about his affairs, he also deceived his brother-in-law during their real estate partnership,” the court documents said.

Rodriguez’s lawyers called Scurtis’ claims unfounded and intend to challenge them.

In 2017, Rodriguez began dating Jennifer Lopez. They announced their engagement in 2019, but have already postponed the wedding twice due to the coronavirus pandemic.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Latest News

- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -