Hafthor Björnsson, known worldwide for his role as ‘The Mountain’ on the HBO series ‘Game of Thrones’, made his professional boxing debut.
The Icelandic actor and professional strength athlete stepped into the ring to face professional boxer Steven Ward. The fight, which lasted three rounds, ended in a draw.
The Icelander prepares for a fight against fellow professional strength athlete Eddie Hall. The duel, scheduled for next September, has been announced as the “heaviest fight of all time.”
- COVID tests drop, but the US may be exposed
- UK pays one final tribute to its hero, “Captain Tom”
- The world’s largest investment fund warns of a new bubble
- Children who stick to bedtime will be more successful adults
- Religious extremism becoming more successful in Pakistan, expert warns
Björnsson and Hall have a long-standing rivalry, started in the World’s Strongest Man contests, in which both have participated on different occasions. Their encounter promises to ultimately determine who of the two is the stronger.