Diabetes, mental confusion, few nutrients and does not take away hunger.
Several studies have shown how dangerous it can be for the body to eat white bread and the consequences it can cause in the short and long term.
White bread is so high in carbohydrates that it ranks one of the highest glycemic index ratings. Therefore, when consuming this type of bread, it is likely that blood sugar levels skyrocket, generating overweight, risk of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and, in the long term, obesity.
- Man, 40, thought he was meeting 13-year old girl for sex caught by online paedophile hunters
- Cognitive cute: a funny video with a cat about benefits of vaccination conquered network
- COVID changes blood cells of those who have recovered – scientists
- Gamepad wounds and scorpion bite: most popular gamer injuries named in the US
- Did Trump want to send infected returnees to Guantánamo?
A study published in the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease has shown that people who eat a diet rich in carbohydrates, including white bread, are twice as likely to suffer from cognitive impairment or dementia.
White bread is lacking in macronutrients that satisfy the appetite. Therefore, when you ingest it, you are likely to still be hungry. This happened to study participants who ate white bread and ended up consuming 500 more calories at their next meal compared to those who ate whole wheat bread.
According to experts, white bread is not all bad because it has some nutrients such as iron, folic acid, riboflavin, thiamine, niacin, and in some cases calcium in low proportions.
That’s why several nutritionists agree that to acquire these nutrients necessary for the body it is advisable to resort to other healthy foods that are a source of them.