Avocado is known for its many benefits for the body, but few know that the leaves of the plant also have several health-promoting properties: from relieving stomach pain to acting as an analgesic and anti-inflammatory.
Avocado leaves provide various minerals, vitamins, reduce cholesterol levels, help brain function and decrease the likelihood of cardiovascular disease, as confirmed by several health experts.
The most common ways to consume avocado leaves is to prepare an infusion or add them as a seasoning to typical Mexican dishes. But experts recommend using them “to aromatize and flavor” any stew.
It can also be used as fresh, dried, roasted, or whole.
Among the health benefits of avocado leaves are:
- stomach pain relief
- reducing menstrual discomfort
- expulsion of intestinal parasites from the body
- counteract colds and flu thanks to a high content of vitamin C
- anticonvulsant effect
- inhibitory effect against inflammations in the body
The avocado itself also contains healthy unsaturated fats and has a high oleic acid content, which reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Commonly used dental floss may increase deadly toxic chemicals in your body
- Researchers report a new cause of death in COVID-19 patients
- Five most bizarre poisons that can kill you
- A widely used soap additive may worsen fatty liver disease
- The US and Russia collide over embassy staffing despite talks
In 2019, scientists showed that eating one avocado per day can lower the level of bad cholesterol and improve the functioning of the cardiovascular system.
Among other benefits is the intake of vitamin E, C and B6, apart from the potassium content it has.