Many people like Italian pasta because it is quick to prepare, delicious, and nutritious. However, not everyone knows the best method to cook it and the result may not be as expected.
James Martin, a 48-year-old chef who has his own show on British channel ITV, revealed how to cook the perfect pasta.
He shared a tip from the late Italian chef Antonio Carluccio, who taught him the best way to cook the dish. The trick is knowing what to do when adding oil and salt.
“Plenty of pasta in the pan, plenty of water and plenty of salt. Carluccio taught me this; it should taste of the sea,” Martin explained to viewers.
“Don’t put oil in it as well,” warned the cook.
The salt water that will remain after the boiling process will be useful in the end.
“If it gets a little bit dry, don’t add a bit more oil, add a bit more of the pasta liquor,” the chef recommended regarding salty water.
- Doctors reveal how to get rid of bunion pain naturally without surgery
- Prince Harry’s nutritionist reveals how you can get fit in two weeks
- Four signs Lumps and Bumps on your body could be cancerous – warn experts
- Expert reveals best and worst foods if you have Type 2 diabetes
- Why should you switch to insects?
Likewise, it is a mistake to put the sauce on the pasta; what should be done is to finish cooking the pasta in the sauce. Cooks also don’t need to worry about perfectly draining pasta.
Once you’ve placed the pasta and sauce on the plate, you can drizzle it with olive oil and grated pecorino, a tasty alternative to Parmesan.