In Australia, researchers have begun clinical trials of a new type of COVID-19 vaccine, the nasal spray. The vaccine is believed to be more effective than AstraZeneca and Pfizer.
Vaccinations are accelerating in Australia. It is planned to introduce a nasal spray that will “attack the virus” when it enters the body.
Nucleus Network head Dr. Paul Griffin said that while other drugs mainly protect against the development of serious symptoms of COVID-19, this one aims to reduce the risk of infection.
- Tuna color fraud: is it dangerous to health?
- Poor countries will be able to produce the new anti-Covid pill without patents
- Ancient gold mask containing human blood found in Peru
- Sharks prey on surfers because they mistake them for seals as their food
- Looking for Earth-like planets: just Zoom in on a star
“The main benefit is, when we give the vaccine via the same route that the pathogen or the virus gets in through, then hopefully the response will be more adept at actually stopping the virus getting in,” he said.
The nasal spray will be available in 1 or 2 years, the researchers said.
The government plans to vaccinate every Australian seeking the vaccine by the end of 2021. Australia has already reported about 30,000 cases of COVID. At the same time, more than 9 hundred people died.
Photo by Brook Mitchell/Getty Images