Craig Harker, the British chef and bar owner, tested an unusual method of cooking a steak and shared the results of his experiment on social media. The heart of it? Use a toaster…
He saw this trick in a video circulating on the internet, so he decided to put it to the test. To do this, he bought a cheap toaster and put in three steaks of different thickness to see how they fry in it. It was a trial and error process, but when he put in the third piece, it came out pink in the center, but well done on the outside.
- Former White House insider to face Caitlyn Jenner on Big Brother Australia
- Virus-infested cargo ship ordered to leave the US
- Dozens of GOP House members storm Senate to protest mandatory masks
- New study reports “persistent symptoms” of Covid-19 Breakthrough Infections six weeks after both Pfizer jabs
- New study exposes every anti-vaxxer
“I thought it was impossible to fry a steak in the toaster, so I had to try it for myself because I know how to cook a good steak,” the chef was quoted as saying by the British tabloid The Mirror.
He used the first steak to make correct toaster adjustments. It came out too raw, so he put the second piece in the toaster, but it was well cooked.
Craig was surprised when he tasted the third steak, as he claimed it tasted as good as if it had been fried in a kitchen. Astonished by the result, he shared some photos on the bar’s Facebook account and customers couldn’t believe how he did it.
“It tasted good and it was red hot; if someone doesn’t know how to cook a good steak, they just have to put it in the toaster. I’m not going to serve it to anyone, but it’s fun to show it to people”he summed up.