Craig Harker, the British chef and bar owner, tested an unusual method of cooking a steak and shared the results of his experiment on social media. The heart of it? Use a toaster…
He saw this trick in a video circulating on the internet, so he decided to put it to the test. To do this, he bought a cheap toaster and put in three steaks of different thickness to see how they fry in it. It was a trial and error process, but when he put in the third piece, it came out pink in the center, but well done on the outside.
- Honey: what happens to your body when you eat this popular alternative to sugar
- Lung Cancer: a natural plant-based medicine that can block the spread of Bronchogenic Carcinomas
- New way of cleaning salad and green vegetables could reduce food poisoning and even extend its shelf life – fresh even after 6 days
- Ten Covid symptoms that might look like you have coronavirus – but it’s actually something else
- Do not let your guard down after the vaccination – warns a pediatrician after second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine
“I thought it was impossible to fry a steak in the toaster, so I had to try it for myself because I know how to cook a good steak,” the chef was quoted as saying by the British tabloid The Mirror.
He used the first steak to make correct toaster adjustments. It came out too raw, so he put the second piece in the toaster, but it was well cooked.
Craig was surprised when he tasted the third steak, as he claimed it tasted as good as if it had been fried in a kitchen. Astonished by the result, he shared some photos on the bar’s Facebook account and customers couldn’t believe how he did it.
“It tasted good and it was red hot; if someone doesn’t know how to cook a good steak, they just have to put it in the toaster. I’m not going to serve it to anyone, but it’s fun to show it to people”he summed up.