A weight-loss specialist revealed which foods should not be combined with overripe or green bananas.
According to the expert, bananas are a hypoallergenic product that is allowed to be consumed even by young children.
However, unripe bananas should not be eaten by people who do not digest fiber well, who have intestinal, pancreatic, and gallbladder problems.
- ABCs of vitamins and How much do you need every day?
- COVID-19 symptoms to expect after a vaccine
- Studies reveal five best supplements that can help you fight against fatty liver disease
- Andie MacDowell reveals why she “always wanted to be salt and pepper!”
- 15 Giant Snails Seized at Houston Airport Capable of Carrying Meningitis-Parasites
In this case, green bananas can cause intestinal bloating. Combining them with other sources of fiber is also not recommended.
For example, if you are making a fruit salad, do not add apples and vegetables to unripe bananas, as they will increase the bloating effect.
If none of these contraindications apply to you, green bananas are healthy.
In particular, they contain resistant starch, which normalizes the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract.
Overripe bananas contain a lot of sugar. Thus, the popular banana-chocolate desserts are not recommended for people with a tendency to high blood glucose levels, the specialist warned.
Image Credit; Getty