Adding a slice of lemon to tea could bring more health benefits than you can imagine. Research suggests that frequent consumption of this fruit could increase longevity, as well as reduce the risk of cancer.
Lemons have strong antibacterial, antiviral and immune-boosting properties. The juice of this citrus fruit is also a “liver cleanser”.
Lemons contain many substances that help our body function properly, such as calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, bioflavonoids, pectin, and limonene. According to the nutritionists, the fruit promotes immunity, fights infections and increases longevity.
Adding a slice of lemon to your cup of tea could have significant health benefits. One study showed that consuming citrus fruits could lower the risk of stomach cancer, for example.
In addition, the research conducted showed that many lemon compounds can destroy cancer cells. However, it is not yet known whether they have the same effect on the human body.
- Doctors reveal how to get rid of bunion pain naturally without surgery
- Prince Harry’s nutritionist reveals how you can get fit in two weeks
- Four signs Lumps and Bumps on your body could be cancerous – warn experts
- Expert reveals best and worst foods if you have Type 2 diabetes
- Why should you switch to insects?
Among the proven health benefits of lemon are aid in weight management, prevention of kidney stones and anemia, as well as improved digestive health, the health experts stressed.