Turkish scientists conducted an investigation, after which they found the best music to relax. You can’t imagine which genre of music the team rated as the most reassuring.
The experts revealed that to calm down and lower blood pressure it would be better to choose the classic works of heavy metal, as well as the best pop songs of the eighties and the 2000s. At the same time, techno, dubstep and music chill out cause palpitation and increased anxiety levels.
- Harry and Meghan’s interview with Oprah Winfrey divides British and American society
- Does a vegan diet lead to poorer bone health?
- Avocado bone: its main benefits and the best way to consume it
- CDC: In its new directives, recommends the following
- Joe Biden’s Nightmare: America’s Impossible Immigration Reform
A total of 1,540 volunteers between 18 and 65 years of age, equipped with heart rate and blood pressure monitors, participated in the study carried out by the Vera Clinic, reported the British media Mixmag. The organizers gave them to listen to playlists on Spotify with different musical genres while recording changes in their status.
“The best pop songs of the eighties could create positive nostalgia for many people, and their upbeat, party sounds can trigger a release of endorphins and serotonin in the brain, intensifying feelings of happiness and tranquility”explained the physician Ömer Avlanmış.
When it comes to heavy metal, aggressive music “helps listeners to process their feelings and, as a result, lead to better well-being,” the expert emphasized.