Turkish scientists conducted an investigation, after which they found the best music to relax. You can’t imagine which genre of music the team rated as the most reassuring.
The experts revealed that to calm down and lower blood pressure it would be better to choose the classic works of heavy metal, as well as the best pop songs of the eighties and the 2000s. At the same time, techno, dubstep and music chill out cause palpitation and increased anxiety levels.
- Man, 40, thought he was meeting 13-year old girl for sex caught by online paedophile hunters
- Cognitive cute: a funny video with a cat about benefits of vaccination conquered network
- COVID changes blood cells of those who have recovered – scientists
- Gamepad wounds and scorpion bite: most popular gamer injuries named in the US
- Did Trump want to send infected returnees to Guantánamo?
A total of 1,540 volunteers between 18 and 65 years of age, equipped with heart rate and blood pressure monitors, participated in the study carried out by the Vera Clinic, reported the British media Mixmag. The organizers gave them to listen to playlists on Spotify with different musical genres while recording changes in their status.
“The best pop songs of the eighties could create positive nostalgia for many people, and their upbeat, party sounds can trigger a release of endorphins and serotonin in the brain, intensifying feelings of happiness and tranquility”explained the physician Ömer Avlanmış.
When it comes to heavy metal, aggressive music “helps listeners to process their feelings and, as a result, lead to better well-being,” the expert emphasized.