Guinea pigs at the Smithsonian National Zoo had a winter feast after the Washington DC region woke up covered in snow in late January. Their excitement was such that not even the snowmen survived their appetite.
The zookeepers prepared a winter feast for the animals that inhabit this place and the guinea pigs were no exception, as snowmen with embedded vegetables took them by surprise.
The guinea pigs got a snow cake containing three dolls on a base. When they approached to sniff what had been brought to them they realized that the mouth, eyes and nose of the snowmen were vegetables and they knocked them down in a matter of seconds to get their food.
- Study links altered ratio of baby boys to baby girls to pollutants
- Physicists create and observe a new state of matter, ‘Quantum Spin Liquid’
- Astronomers find a featherweight sub-Earth exoplanet as dense as pure iron
- Autism prevalence in the U.S. not only rising but also spreading to other states – CDC report shows
- Young with diabetes have nearly twice the risk of developing eye disorders – says study