The Kremlin considers the US sanctions against the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline to be an obvious manifestation of a hybrid war that Washington is waging against Moscow, declared the spokesman for the Russian president, Dmitri Peskov.
Earlier, Russian billionaire Oleg Deripaska said that “sanctions represent an instrument of true modern hybrid warfare”, and all those who provoke the introduction of new restrictions should be considered traitors.”If you look at the sanctions against the Nord Stream, it is an outright hybrid war completely … which is accompanied by unfair competition,” Peskov told a news conference commenting on Deripaska’s statement.
In the opinion of the Kremlin spokesman, “the best response” to these vetoes would be “to guarantee the interests of Russia”, which consist of “finishing the construction of Nord Stream 2”.
- 3600 Steps Per Day At A Normal Pace Could Reduce the Risk of Heart Failure By 26%, Says New Study
- New Research Reveals Surprising Unknown Benefits of Female Ginseng – Here’s What You Need to Know
- The Way This New Species Kills Its Host is ‘Absolutely Fascinating’ – ‘It’s Like Something Out Of A James Cameron Movie’
- Plant Eaters Beware: Researchers Reveal Surprise Smell Can Prevent Plants Being Eaten
- Size of Male Genitals: This is a Rare Case Where a Gene Behind It Has Been Identified
The project aims to commission a gas pipeline that would transport up to 55,000 million cubic meters of natural gas per year from Russia to Germany, passing through the territorial waters or exclusive economic zones of Denmark, Finland, Germany, Russia and Sweden.
Washington imposed sanctions on contractors working on pipe laying in 2019, forcing Swiss company Allseas to abandon the works.
The extended restrictions are directed against a wider variety of companies, including those that provide insurance, underwriting, testing, inspection or certification services “necessary or essential for the completion of said project.”
Ukraine, which fears losing its income from the transit of Russian gas, is also against the project.