The six participants, three women and three men will be isolated for 240 days in order to prepare for a future lunar expedition. Roscosmos confirmed that at least 15 countries are involved in this project.
During a period of eight months, the volunteers will be completely isolated in a closed environment that will simulate a real lunar expedition for the entire crew with the help of virtual reality that will include:
- The flight to the moon
- Orbital flight to find landing sites
- Landing and entering the lunar surface
- Return to earth
This is not the first project that has been carried out to carry out similar expeditions, so the organizers of this experiment have taken into account the difficulties that may arise during this period of isolation of the participants and have prepared for it.
During the 240 days, participants must overcome the limitation of living space, the number of contacts, sensory deprivation, monotony, high degrees of responsibility, delays in communication, alterations in the mode of work and rest, as well as other factors that can contribute to the development of psychological and emotional stress.
- Diabetes? This is How You Can Improve Blood Sugar and boost Nutrients – It’s More Important Than Your Superfoods
- Diagnosing Diabetes: Are We Overlooking Young Women? New Research Raises Alarm
- Suffering from Severe Itching or Eczema? What’s Spoiling Your Skin May Be New Fix for Atopic Dermatitis
- In Just 5 Minutes: Scientists Create An Extremely Rare Form of Gold – With Vitamin C? Here’s How
- Chronic Back Pain? What Your Doctor Might Be ‘Missing’ – According to New Study
The organizers of the project called Sirius 21 consider that it is important to practice on the ground, even simulated, all the possibilities and ways to avoid possible conflict situations that may arise between the project participants to solve them in the best way and following certain rules.