The members of the Fast Ring within the Insider Program are now ready to download a new Windows 10 Build. The new compilation has the number 18922 and comes offering a series of improvements and bug fixes to improve the user experience.
Dona Sarkar was in charge of announcing the new Build in her Twitter account to complete the information offered by Microsoft in her Blog. Remember that Build 18922 belongs to the branch 20H1 and is a new way to know some of the news that will come in the next big update of Windows 10, that should arrive later this year.
— Dona Sarkar @ #PowerBarbados?? (@donasarkar) June 19, 2019
Language configuration improvements
With this new compilation, improvements are added to the management of the language used to make it easier to see the current state of the language configuration at a glance. Now it is easier to check which languages are selected as default for the Windows screen, Applications and websites, Regional format, Keyboard and Voice. In addition, you can change the language more easily.
In addition, the installation page of the language features has been reorganized, adding suggestions of tools with descriptions to facilitate the knowledge of the different characteristics of the language
Feedback Hub updates
The “Comment Center” has been updated with a new function called “Find Similar Comments” so that when we go to register a new comment, we can check if there are any comments similar to the one we are going to write.
This way you can automatically link the comment to existing ones(instead of creating a new comment). This is currently in the process of implementing Insiders with version 1.1904.1584.0.
They also updated the thank you page by adding a direct button to share our comments. This improvement is currently in the process of implementation for Insiders as an update of the application in Microsoft Store in version 1.1904.1584.0.
- Fixed a problem that caused some Insiders to see Windows Update error 0x80010105 when updating to recent versions.
- Fixed a bug that caused some Insiders to suffer the error 0xc0000005 of Windows Update when updating to recent versions.
- Fixed a bug that made the Action Center’s background look dull in the quick action section.
- Fixed an issue where using the spacebar to switch to a different Focus Assistance status in Settings, the keyboard focus would unexpectedly jump to the question Do you have a question?
- Fixed a problem with the Bopomofo IME where the character width would suddenly change to the full width from the average width.
- They have added a suggestion to the Bopomofo IME configuration that Ctrl + Space can be used to toggle the conversation mode.
- Fixed a problem in which, when using the Japanese IME with Excel, if the Japanese input mode was disabled by clicking on the input mode indicator, the input mode would return to “Hiragana” each time the focus was on. moved to another cell.
- The configuration of the Chinese Pinyin IME has been updated so that it now refers to the default mode, instead of the input mode.
- Fixed a problem for some of the initiates with the updated search experience of the “File Explorer”, which resulted in suggested results in the search drop-down menu that does not respond when clicked. Thanks for informing us of this!
- They have made improvements in the design of the “Windows Ink” workspace, including the change of the overflow menu button to a new icon of ellipses. Note: this function update is still in the implementation process.
- They begin the deployment of the “Configuration” header, updated after addressing a problem with the OneDrive entry.
- This update may offer the error code 0xc0000409 the first time it is downloaded.
- For start-up editions, some devices may not see the “% progress of download” change on the Windows Update page.
- There is a problem with previous versions of anti-cheat software used with games where, after updating to the latest versions of 19H1 Insider Preview, PCs may suffer blockages. They are working with partners to update their software with a solution, and most games have released patches to prevent PCs from experiencing this problem. To minimize the possibility of having this problem, make sure you are running the latest version of your games before trying to update the operating system. They are also working with game and anti-cheat developers to solve similar problems that may arise with the 20201 Insider Preview compilations and work to minimize the likelihood that these problems will arise in the future.
- Some Realtek SD card readers do not work correctly.
- Protection against tampering can be disabled in Windows security after updating to this compilation. You can turn it on again. In August, the protection against manipulation will be activated again by default for all insider users.
- They are investigating a problem in which some users report that the File Explorer search is being processed in an unexpectedly small area and that when it is clicked it is blocked.
Known problems for developers
- If compilations are installed from the Quick Ring and you switch to the Slow Ring or Release Preview, the optional content, such as enabling developer mode, will fail. The solution is to stay in the Quick Ring to add / install / enable optional content. This is because the optional content will only be installed in the compilations approved for specific rings.
If you belong to the Fast Ring within the Insider Program, you can download the update by going to the usual route, that is, “Settings> Update and Security> Windows Update”. An update that is focused primarily on improving the performance of the operating system. Optional content will only be installed on compilations approved for specific rings.
Source | Windows Blog