Microsoft has already launched a new Edge update within the Dev channel. More conservative than the Canary channel but more adventurous in testing than the Beta. And now Microsoft releases the compilation that Edge takes to the number 78.0.276.2
In this new update of Edge, available for Windows and macOS, we will see mainly bug fixes, but also some additions focused on the improvement of the dark theme, the management of the Collections and a new policy when importing content from another browser.
Added in this version
- The ability to open all the elements of a Collection in new tabs has been added.
- Support for dark themes has been added with the “edge: // components” window.
- Added an administration policy to import settings from another browser.
Along with these improvements, a large number of corrections have been introduced aimed at ending failures present in previous compilations. This is the complete list:
- Fixed an issue where Edge was not updating by displaying the error “The downloaded installer could not be cached. “
- Fixed an issue where web page printing failed because the print preview got stuck while loading.
- Fixed an issue where dragging and dropping bookmarks on the bookmark administration page sometimes caused a crash.
- Fixed a crash when using “InPrivate”.
- Fixed some crashes when rotating PDF files.
- Fixed an issue in which the use of keyboard shortcuts when pop-ups were open sometimes blocked the browser.
- Greater reliability has been achieved when playing DRM protected videos.
- Fixed an issue where “Application Guard” sessions could not start.
- Fixed an issue where clicking on the controls on the web page quickly sometimes blocks the page.
- Fixed an issue where the browser sometimes crashed when the operating system data collection level was changed.
- ixed an issue where the browser’s user interface, such as video controls, does not disappear when accessing videos on certain sites.
- Fixed an issue in which the tiles of the main sites on the page of the new tab showed a different website to the one they actually linked.
- Fixed an issue where translation does not work on certain pages.
- Fixed an issue where the “translation” message was not displayed when a page was translated.
- Fixed an issue where scrolling with the touch screen sometimes does not work in the browser’s user interface.
- Fixed an issue where the button to close a tab did not have the correct size or shape.
- Fixed an issue where links to applications on the browser’s application page open the application twice.
- Fixed an issue where using “shift + enter” to start a website or application installed from the applications page does not work.
- Fixed an issue where the eye icon to show passwords sometimes appears twice.
- Improved performance of “Tracking Prevention” when extensions are installed as ad blockers.
- Fixed an issue where the text pasted into a collection was sometimes the wrong color.
- Fixed an issue where dragging and dropping items into a collection sometimes caused the disappearance of images in the collection.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where dragging and dropping an image into a collection sometimes saved a link instead of an image.
- Fixed an issue on Mac in which the use of the debugger to move through a full screen video did not move correctly.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where some buttons do not change status when the browser loses focus.
- Fixed a problem in some regional configurations where certain configurations are not translated.
- Some chains not located in the F12 development tools were corrected.
- Fixed an issue in which the web page favicon and the loading arrow appeared at the same time.
- It has been temporarily disabled with a feature that marks the cards with website information that appears when you hover over a tab.
- The ability to import favorites within an Application Guard session has been removed.
Remember that you can download the new Edge in this link on any of the channels on the platforms where it is available. If you already have it installed, just go to preferences within the browser and check if you have any pending updates.
Source | Microsoft