The United States deploy thousands of troops in the Middle East after the death of Soleimani

The United States deploys thousands of troops in the Middle East after the death of Soleimani
An American soldier during an operation in Iraq in 2016. (Reuters)

The US Department of Defense has announced that it will send more troops to the Middle East, specifically to Kuwait

The US Department of Defense has announced that it will send more troops to the Middle East, specifically to Kuwait, after the attack on Friday against Iranian General Qasem Soleimani.

“The Immediate Response Force (IRF) of the 82nd Airborne Division had been put on alert for possible deployment and will finally be deployed”, a Pentagon spokesman announced. The Pentagon would have organized 4,000 soldiers from its base in Fort Bragg, North Carolina, for the mission. They will leave in the next few days, joining 750 troops already deployed at the US base for the Middle East in Kuwait, Pentagon spokesmen have reported.

The spokesman has emphasized that this deployment was a firm possibility once the IRF had been put on alert. Part of the troop was concentrated in one of the so-called “areas of responsibility”, while the rest was ready to deploy in 96 hours.

US troops will be deployed in Kuwait “as an appropriate and preventive action in response to rising levels of threat against US personnel and facilities, and will help reorganize the reservation”, the spokesperson said.

A collective murder “in self-defense”

The “selective bombing” that killed Iranian General Qasem Soleimaní in Iraq “saved the lives of Americans” by preventing an “imminent attack”, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said today in an interview with the CNN television network.

“I cannot give many details about the nature of the threat, but citizens must know that the decision of the president (Donald Trump) to remove Soleimaní from the battlefield saved American lives”, Pompeo said.

SHARE
Previous articleThe marine sanctuary of Palau prohibits almost all sun creams
Next articleThe keys to the Weinstein case: the trial that symbolizes the success of #MeToo starts
Amit Kumar
Amit Kumar is editor-in-chief and founder of Revyuh Media. He has been ensuring journalistic quality and shaping the future of Revyuh.com - in terms of content, text, personnel and strategy. He also develops herself further, likes to learn new things and, as a trained mediator, considers communication and freedom to be essential in editorial cooperation. After studying and training at the Indian Institute of Journalism & Mass Communication He accompanied an ambitious Internet portal into the Afterlife and was editor of the Scroll Lib Foundation. After that He did public relations for the MNC's in India. Email: amit.kumar (at) revyuh (dot) com ICE : 00 91 (0) 99580 61723