The new Tiantong-1 mobile communications satellite will operate in China and neighboring regions, African countries and most of the Pacific and Indian Oceans.
In southwestern China, the Changzheng 3B (Long March 3B) launch vehicle was successfully launched from the Xichang Satellite Launch Center (XSLC) in Sichuan province, which placed the Tiantong 1-03 mobile communications satellite into orbit.
It is indicated that Tiantong-1 satellite is a mobile communication system developed and manufactured by the PRC. It consists of a space segment, a ground segment and a user terminal.
A mobile network equipped with ground-based equipment will be created using the Tiantong-1-03 satellite, developed by the Chinese Academy of Space Technologies.
It will make it possible to provide high-quality mobile communication services on an ongoing basis and in all weather conditions, including the transmission of voice, short messages and data in China and adjacent regions, the Middle East, Africa and other regions, as well as in most of the Pacific and Indian Oceans.
Today’s launch marks the 358th launch of a Chang Zheng-3B/G2 (Y74) rocket and China’s first this year.
- Study reports new post-COVID-19 symptoms
- A natural home remedy that reduces blood glucose after meal and insulin levels – say studies
- Tapeworm remedy shows “strongest effect”: Scientists find new active ingredients against coronavirus
- The dangers of virtual dating on men’s health, according to psychologist
- Woman in the US becomes temporary billionaire – found almost $1 billion in her bank account
In 2021, China is preparing more than 40 space launches. This year will be a key year for Chinese astronautics in terms of creating a manned space station.
Earlier on December 22, China successfully launched a middle-class rocket Changzheng-8, which launched the secret XJY-7 satellite and a group of micro space vehicles into orbit.