6.5 C
New York
Sunday, November 28, 2021

An American almost died after injecting hallucinogenic mushroom tea

Must Read

A massive asteroid stronger than an atom bomb is approaching Earth: how dangerous can it be?

The asteroid 2018 AH is expected to be roughly 190 meters long, similar to the Tunguska asteroid,...

Giving Tuesday: a chance to make a real difference for others and ourselves after Black Friday and Cyber Monday

Giving Tuesday 2021: After Black Friday and Cyber Monday, a chance to truly help others and ourselves.

JPMorgan’s chief might regret his comments about China’s CCP but he has a point

Comparing JPMorgan to the Chinese Communist Party is bold and hubristic. Despite his later regrets for boasting...
Jiya Saini
Jiya Saini is a Journalist and Writer at Revyuh.com. She has been working with us since January 2018. After studying at Jamia Millia University, she is fascinated by smart lifestyle and smart living. She covers technology, games, sports and smart living, as well as good experience in press relations. She is also a freelance trainer for macOS and iOS, and In the past, she has worked with various online news magazines in India and Singapore. Email: jiya (at) revyuh (dot) com

A 30-year-old American endangered his life after taking an infusion made of hallucinogenic mushrooms into his veins. Fortunately, his relatives found out in time and took him to a hospital.

The man, who suffered from manic-depressive psychosis and was addicted to opioids, found a solution to mitigate the problems that could be lethal for him, by switching to psychedelic drugs. 

Having read about the benefits of hallucinogenic mushroom tea, the American decided to make a tea with this product and inject it into his veins.

With the infusion already running through his blood, the man felt bad, as a dangerous infection was developing, because fungi began to grow in his veins, according to the corresponding medical report published in the Journal of the Academy of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry. At the same time, symptoms such as diarrhoea, blood vomiting, nausea and lethargy were observed.

Noticing the man’s poor condition, his relatives took him to the hospital, where he was diagnosed with a bacterial and fungal infection in his blood. Doctors discovered that some of his organs were already affected and began to fail.

The poor guy spent about a month in the medical center. After being treated with antibiotics and antifungals, he was discharged.

It is not the first case of hallucinogenic fungal poisoning in clinical practice. The authors of the medical report found two similar incidents in another document dating back to 1985.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Latest News

- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -