The death rate from coronavirus per one million of the world’s population has already reached 221.0. The number of victims of the coronavirus pandemic is growing rapidly in the world.
The number of cases of infection with coronavirus COVID-19 in the world has exceeded 78.4 million people, according to Worldometer on Wednesday, December 23. Thus, the proportion of cases is more than 1% of the world’s population. According to the UN Population Fund as of mid-2020, the world’s population was estimated at 7.795 billion.
In the last 24 hours alone, the number of new patients has increased by more than 600,000. 13,213 deaths have been recorded. The total number of deaths exceeds 1.7 million. The coronavirus mortality rate per million population has already reached 221.0.
- Coronavirus: Why scientists are so much worried about the summer season again?
- World’s oldest pet cemetery found in Egypt
- ‘A historical moment’: Harry and Meghan’s Oprah Winfrey interview draws the attention of millions of viewers
- Eyes not only help us to see the world but can also predict heart disease – study
- Scientists come close to answering the question of whether vaccinated mothers can transmit antibodies on to babies
At the same time, the number of recovered already exceeds 55 million and more than 21 million people, who have recovered remains sick.