Japan has developed a new method for identifying the varieties of COVID-19 in just a few hours using existing PCR test equipment
Scientists in Japan have developed a quick method for identifying mutations in the coronavirus.
It was reported by NHK today.
At the moment, reading the genetic code of the virus requires special equipment to decipher the genetic sequence. Moreover, the process itself can last more than half a day.
- Selena Gomez declares war on Facebook and Google: “cashing in from evil”
- Choose your perfect mango: here are some tips
- Chinese Giant Panda National Park releases video of a rare albino panda
- Do you notice a constant hum in your ears? You’re probably missing vitamin B12
- How saliva can predict COVID-19 better – study
Now researchers at the National Institute of Infectious Diseases have developed a faster method using PCR testing technology.
Their proposed process takes only a few hours, making it possible to test a large number of samples using existing PCR testing equipment.
The British mutation has already become a staple in the “homeland,” has spread to 22 European countries and is likely to displace the rest. This method can help scientists to determine the type of strain within few hours and can act accordingly.