The length of the navigable artery, which will be built around the Bosphorus, is more than 40 meters. With its help, the authorities plan to increase exports.
The most ambitious infrastructure project in the history of Turkey – the construction of the Istanbul Canal – will begin at the end of June.
This was announced on Saturday, May 29 by President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, writes Anadolu.
“At the end of June, we will lay the first stone in the construction of the Istanbul canal. Of course, there are those who are concerned about this megaproject. But this will not stop us,” the Turkish leader said.
- An early warning sign of Diabetes most people ignore or don’t know yet, According to experts
- White spots on your fingernails – is it ‘COVID NAILS’ or an early sign of a more dangerous disease
- Unusual Warning Signs You May Have Kidney Cancer
- One Tablespoon of this powerful plant protein can reduce cancer and heart attack risk – Say Experts
- Experts report two new symptoms of Covid-19 that appear on nails few days after the infection
According to the leader, the implementation of this project will increase the strategic importance of the Turkish metropolis, since six bridges will be thrown across the canal, and two cities will be built on its banks, which will “decorate the image of Istanbul.”
As you know, the project of a 43-meter canal, which is intended to become a new navigable artery in the western part of Istanbul, connecting the Black and Marmara Seas, was announced by Erdogan in 2011.
With its help, Turkey intends to increase its exports to $ 500 billion.
We will remind, almost three years ago, the President of Turkey announced his readiness for the construction of the canal, and in December 2019, a tender was announced for the work.