British royalty has yet to officially comment on Prince Harry and his wife Meghan’s recent interview with Oprah Winfrey. According to sources close to the royal family, for now, Isabell II refuses to sign a response to the controversial appearance of the Sussex couple.
The long-awaited interview with Meghan and Harry aired on the night of March 7 in the United States and was seen by 17 million people in the North American country alone. In their conversation with Winfrey, the couple revealed previously unknown details of their breakup with the queen and other royals.
- Netflix helps Reddit user find his wife was cheating on him
- Moderna Covid vaccine causes pus-filled lumps on men’s faces – New but rare side effect
- These people have eight times higher risk of Covid infection and death – says study
- Former White House insider to face Caitlyn Jenner on Big Brother Australia
- Virus-infested cargo ship ordered to leave the US
Among other things, they accused a member of the royal family of racism, whose name they did not mention. The relative had allegedly asked “how dark” their baby would be. The couple stressed that, in part, it was precisely racism that made them decide to leave the UK.
In the interview, Meghan also accused royalty of not supporting her in moments of extreme psychological fragility, when she sought help due to constant suicidal thoughts. The Duchess of Sussex also said that days before her wedding to Prince Harry, Kate Middleton, Prince William’s wife made her cry.
Harry, for his part, spoke of a hard break with his father and also the fact that his family stopped providing him financial support after his decision to stay away from royalty.
As is the custom in controversial situations, Buckingham Palace is believed to have prepared a statement highlighting the British royal family’s love for the couple, in an attempt to prevent tensions from escalating further.
However, Queen Elizabeth II preferred not to rush to sign without first making a careful analysis of the situation, The Times stressed.
Although the queen spoke with her son, Carlos, and her grandson, William, the day after the interview, for now, Buckingham Palace remains silent on the statements of the Sussexes to Oprah.