At least four people including a child were killed and two more wounded in a shooting in the southern California city of Orange. The alleged attacker was also injured.
At least four people, including a minor, died this Wednesday in a new shooting in the United States, this time in an office building in the city of Orange, south of Los Angeles.
- Honey: what happens to your body when you eat this popular alternative to sugar
- Lung Cancer: a natural plant-based medicine that can block the spread of Bronchogenic Carcinomas
- New way of cleaning salad and green vegetables could reduce food poisoning and even extend its shelf life – fresh even after 6 days
- Ten Covid symptoms that might look like you have coronavirus – but it’s actually something else
- Do not let your guard down after the vaccination – warns a pediatrician after second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine
In addition to the deceased, a fifth person was injured and taken to a hospital, according to the authorities. The alleged attacker was also injured and was transferred to a hospital without his condition being known.
A spokeswoman for the Orange Police, Jennifer Amat, explained to local media that the shooting occurred around 5.30 p.m. local time and the alleged attacker opened fire on the arrival of the agents.
Rep. Katie Porter, D-Calif., said she was monitoring developments.
“I’m deeply saddened by reports of a mass shooting in Orange County, and I’m continuing to keep victims and their loved ones in my thoughts as we continue to learn more,” she said in a statement.
“My team and I will continue to monitor the situation closely.”
At the moment, more details, such as the reasons or the circumstances of the event, are unknown.
This Los Angeles shooting comes just a week after a gunman murdered 10 people in a Colorado supermarket in the largest such incident in two years.
A week earlier, another gunman attacked three Asian massage parlors in the Atlanta area and killed 8 people, six of them women.