At least four people including a child were killed and two more wounded in a shooting in the southern California city of Orange. The alleged attacker was also injured.
At least four people, including a minor, died this Wednesday in a new shooting in the United States, this time in an office building in the city of Orange, south of Los Angeles.
- A massive asteroid stronger than an atom bomb is approaching Earth: how dangerous can it be?
- Giving Tuesday: a chance to make a real difference for others and ourselves after Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- JPMorgan’s chief might regret his comments about China’s CCP but he has a point
- Omicron: What health officials know about new Covid-19 variant
- Omicron Variant: U.S. Bans Travel From South Africa Starting Monday
In addition to the deceased, a fifth person was injured and taken to a hospital, according to the authorities. The alleged attacker was also injured and was transferred to a hospital without his condition being known.
A spokeswoman for the Orange Police, Jennifer Amat, explained to local media that the shooting occurred around 5.30 p.m. local time and the alleged attacker opened fire on the arrival of the agents.
Rep. Katie Porter, D-Calif., said she was monitoring developments.
“I’m deeply saddened by reports of a mass shooting in Orange County, and I’m continuing to keep victims and their loved ones in my thoughts as we continue to learn more,” she said in a statement.
“My team and I will continue to monitor the situation closely.”
At the moment, more details, such as the reasons or the circumstances of the event, are unknown.
This Los Angeles shooting comes just a week after a gunman murdered 10 people in a Colorado supermarket in the largest such incident in two years.
A week earlier, another gunman attacked three Asian massage parlors in the Atlanta area and killed 8 people, six of them women.