In the United States, nearly three-quarters of the population disapprove of the actions of Donald Trump’s supporters who broke into the admin building.
In the US, 71% of voters oppose the takeover of the US Congress building by supporters of Donald Trump. This is evidenced by data from a poll from YouGov published today.
At the same time, 21% of respondents support these actions.
At the same time, many Republicans (45%) support the actions of those who seized the Capitol, although the same number expressed their disagreement (43%).
- Chronic Pain: New painkiller technique without side effects and drug addiction
- Experts identify a new drug that can help diabetic patients recover faster after heart attack
- Study says this drink could reduce death risk from chronic liver disease by 49%
- Like Vitamin D, taking this supplement may offer ‘extra protection’ against Covid – says study
- Experts named foods that reduce the risk of stroke
In addition, 59% of voters aware of the events in the Capitol consider them more violent than peaceful (28%).
Finally, the majority (62%) of voters perceive these actions as a threat to democracy.
The poll was conducted among 1,397 registered voters who had heard of the event.
Earlier, Trump supporters broke into the Capitol. The meeting was adjourned within minutes of the start. Congress then confirmed Joe Biden’s election as President of the United States.
In total, four people died at the protests in Washington. In addition to a woman who was shot dead in the Capitol, three others were killed in the area around the building, police said.