In the United States, nearly three-quarters of the population disapprove of the actions of Donald Trump’s supporters who broke into the admin building.
In the US, 71% of voters oppose the takeover of the US Congress building by supporters of Donald Trump. This is evidenced by data from a poll from YouGov published today.
At the same time, 21% of respondents support these actions.
At the same time, many Republicans (45%) support the actions of those who seized the Capitol, although the same number expressed their disagreement (43%).
- Hand washing ‘clogging up sinks with nasty disease-causing bacteria’
- T Rex: The iconic beast takes life at a much more leisurely pace than was thought – despite its long and powerful legs
- Hollywood superstar Tom Cruise surprises his fans while filming the new Mission Impossible film
- Getting less than six hours sleep a night increases the risk of Alzheimer’s by almost a third
- Shocking footage from Scottish Highlands shows a herd of 50 reindeer charging at speeds of 20mph
In addition, 59% of voters aware of the events in the Capitol consider them more violent than peaceful (28%).
Finally, the majority (62%) of voters perceive these actions as a threat to democracy.
The poll was conducted among 1,397 registered voters who had heard of the event.
Earlier, Trump supporters broke into the Capitol. The meeting was adjourned within minutes of the start. Congress then confirmed Joe Biden’s election as President of the United States.
In total, four people died at the protests in Washington. In addition to a woman who was shot dead in the Capitol, three others were killed in the area around the building, police said.