6.5 C
New York
Sunday, April 18, 2021

Student’s homemade bomb detonated accidentally leaves several injured in Michigan

Must Read

Aakash Molpariya
Aakash started in Nov 2018 as a writer at Revyuh.com. Since joining, as writer, he is mainly responsible for Software, Science, programming, system administration and the Technology ecosystem, but due to his versatility he is used for everything possible. He writes about topics ranging from AI to hardware to games, stands in front of and behind the camera, creates creative product images and much more. He is a trained IT systems engineer and has studied computer science. By the way, he is enthusiastic about his own small projects in game development, hardware-handicraft, digital art, gaming and music. Email: aakash (at) revyuh (dot) com

At least five students and a teacher were injured when an improvised explosive device was unintentionally detonated in a classroom of Michigan high school, local police said.

The incident took place on Monday in the village of Newaygo. According to preliminary results of the investigation, a 16-year-old schoolboy accidentally detonated a device brought to an educational institution, as a result of which he received moderate injuries and was hospitalized. 

At least four more students received minor injuries and went to a medical facility themselves.

The school was immediately evacuated and the students were transferred to the bus garage. The other Newaygo County schools were also ordered to remain closed until the information was obtained that there were no further threats to the students.

Further investigation of the incident is underway, including law enforcement agencies to find out the composition of the exploded substance.

“This was not somebody planting an explosive device in order to hurt our students,” Mathis said in a Facebook post.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Latest News

Common Foods That Are Damaging Your Gut Health, Says Doctor

Nowadays, keeping your gut health in good shape is more important than ever, as the danger of getting infected...
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -