6.5 C
New York
Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Toxic air conditioner leak kills 3 Americans at a luxury resort

Must Read

Hubble Catches An Unusual, Warped Shape Spiral Galaxy’s Core

As seen from Earth, NGC 3718 is a highly disturbed spiral galaxy with a strange, warped shape...

Breakthrough Research Uncovers A Hidden Part of Britain

Archaeologists digging the region north of Hadrian's Wall have discovered more than a hundred indigenous Iron Age sites...

This Is What Makes NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope So Special

People often ask why we need a powerful telescope like Webb to investigate our solar system. Here's...
Kamal Saini
Kamal S. has been Journalist and Writer for Business, Hardware and Gadgets at Revyuh.com since 2018. He deals with B2b, Funding, Blockchain, Law, IT security, privacy, surveillance, digital self-defense and network policy. As part of his studies of political science, sociology and law, he researched the impact of technology on human coexistence. Email: kamal (at) revyuh (dot) com

Three people have been found dead in their rooms at a luxury resort in the Bahamas. A woman has been paralyzed for a few days. According to initial findings, toxic freon is said to have escaped from the air conditioning system.

Three people died under mysterious circumstances at a luxury resort in Exuma, Bahamas. The three fatalities were found dead in their rooms last Friday morning, and a fourth person had to be taken to Princess Margaret Hospital by a rescue helicopter, local authorities said.

According to the Royal Bahamas Police Force, hotel staff alerted authorities at 9 a.m. Friday morning with a complaint that a visitor had been found unresponsive in one of the beachside hotel’s villas.

At another villa, officers found a guest leaning against the bathroom wall with his unresponsive wife lying on the bed. Both showed signs of seizures, but neither appeared to have been the victim of a violent crime. 

The couple had suffered from nausea and vomiting the night According to police, the couple had complained of feeling sick the night before and had been treated at a local medical facility before returning to the hotel. They were awaiting autopsy reports to ascertain the causes of death.

According to Michael Darville, the Bahamas Minister of Health, the doctor treating the guests had even recommended that the guests leave Exuma – but they had refused. 

According to initial assumptions, there was a toxic leak from the air conditioning in the luxury rooms. Most air conditioners use a chemical called freon — a mostly odorless gas that can deplete cells and lungs of oxygen when inhaled. 

Chris Coucheron-Aamot, who also stayed at Sandals Emerald Bay Resort – albeit in a building next to the villas where the three fatalities slept – wrote on Facebook: “I couldn’t sleep last night. Every time the air conditioning went on, I woke up.”

Father dead, mother paralyzed

As the couple’s son from Florida told US broadcaster WVTM, his parents Vincent and Donnis traveled to the Bahamas to celebrate their wedding anniversary. His 64-year-old mother woke up early Friday morning – she was completely paralyzed. 

“Her legs and arms were swollen, she couldn’t move and was screaming for someone to come in the room to help her,” says Austin Chiarella.

His mother has since been flown back to Florida for further medical treatment. She is in critical condition. Austin’s 65-year-old father, Vincent, was already dead when hotel staff rushed to the room. 

Image Credit: Sandals Emerald Bay

You were reading: Toxic air conditioner leak kills 3 Americans at a luxury resort

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Latest News

- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -