Over the course of the year, more than 13,000 Americans sought medical attention for injuries sustained during the game.
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission has released quite interesting statistics on injuries that gamers have received while playing. Among them – from dislocation of a limb to a scorpion bite.
- Overweight Or Not, You Could Still Be At Risk For Diabetes: Experts Suggests A New Method To Measure Health
- Eye Color Genes Reveal Critical Link To Retinal Health
- What Nobody Tells You Before You Start Taking Melatonin To Control Sleep-wake Cycle
- How Our Brains Make Choices Without A Right Or Wrong Answer?
- Fake Fly Gene That Helps South African Daisy Outwit Male Flies Identified
It is noted that in 2020, 13,073 Americans sought medical help because of their gaming practice. The most common injuries are wounds from a gamepad thrown, dislocated shoulder or hands, falling off beds and chairs in celebration or disappointment.
In addition, gamers complain of bruised toes, heart attack, fever, headache, and so on.
True, there are very unusual injuries. Some players have complained about the scorpion bite after being attacked during the game.
Good evening. pic.twitter.com/IWLC5iFOpA— US Consumer Product Safety Commission (@USCPSC) June 17, 2021
Image Credit: Getty