Over the course of the year, more than 13,000 Americans sought medical attention for injuries sustained during the game.
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission has released quite interesting statistics on injuries that gamers have received while playing. Among them – from dislocation of a limb to a scorpion bite.
- Study reveals the harmful side effect of fasting
- A popular breakfast food that increases Diabetes risk by 60 percent, according to experts
- This is how flies are tricked into choosing healthier foods (and it may work in humans)
- Low levels of this vitamin may lead to Opioid addiction
- Vitamin D: Why it is so essential for immune response?
It is noted that in 2020, 13,073 Americans sought medical help because of their gaming practice. The most common injuries are wounds from a gamepad thrown, dislocated shoulder or hands, falling off beds and chairs in celebration or disappointment.
In addition, gamers complain of bruised toes, heart attack, fever, headache, and so on.
True, there are very unusual injuries. Some players have complained about the scorpion bite after being attacked during the game.
Good evening. pic.twitter.com/IWLC5iFOpA— US Consumer Product Safety Commission (@USCPSC) June 17, 2021
Image Credit: Getty