The arrival of the fifth generation mobile telephony has revolutionized the ‘smartphone‘ market. Here we present the list of the most popular 5G compatible smartphones, prepared by the company Counterpoint.
Although the launch of Apple’s latest model in October was delayed, it was the device that led the ranking. The iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro were at the top of the list, with 16% and 8% of sales, respectively.
The new smartphones of the Californian manufacturer are equipped with the Qualcomm X55 5G modem. According to Apple CEO Tim Cook, the compatibility of its devices with 5G opens “a new era.”
- This much coffee raises your risk of dementia
- Doctor explains what people can do to stay safe as Delta variant cases rise
- This is how leaky calcium puts epileptics at heart risk
- A protein that keeps the immune system from going crazy could lead to new treatments
- Delta Variant’s Severe Dangers, Even for Fully Vaccinated – Report
Third place was taken by the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G, which accounted for 4% of global sales volume. It is followed by two devices from the Chinese manufacturer Huawei: the Huawei Nova 7 5G and the P40 5G, both with 3% of sales.
The Oppo A72 5G and Huawei P40 Pro 5G smartphones also accumulated 3% of sales in the market and are in the next rungs of the ranking, followed by the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G and Galaxy S20 Plus 5G (2%). And the Oppo Reno 4 SE closes the list of the best-selling cell phones, which also accumulated 2% of sales.
Here is the full list of the best-selling 5G smartphones:
- iPhone 12 – 16%
- iPhone 12 Pro – 8%
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G – 4%
- Huawei Nova 7 5G – 3%
- Huawei P40 5G – 3%
- Oppo A72 5G – 3%
- Huawei P40 Pro 5G – 3%
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G – 2%
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G – 2%
- Oppo Reno 4 SE – 2%