Migraines are characterized by severe headaches and often incapacitating, it is why those who suffer from this condition seek to do everything possible to prevent its development.
To collaborate in this regard, we show you the factors to control if you want to prevent migraines.
Our habits and the development of migraines
Although the origin of migraines is very likely there is a genetic and hereditary factor, the truth is that many environmental factors can be triggers of acute and intense episodes.
- Chronic Back Pain? What Your Doctor Might Be ‘Missing’ – According to New Study
- What Happens in the Brain As Alzheimer’s Disease Progresses? New Research Reveals Everything You Need to Know About
- One Surprising Sign of Extremely High Cholesterol You Shouldn’t Ignore, According to Expert
- SARS-CoV-2’s New Twist: The Hidden Genetic Ripple Effects of Molnupiravir – Here’s What You Need to Know
- Do You Know? How Microbes Rise Again After Wildfires
Therefore, we must know that what we eat can greatly influence us. To prevent migraines, we recommend avoiding cured cheeses rich in tyramines, cold cuts, and sausages that can be sources of nitrites, commercial broths and snacks with monosodium glutamate, coffee or other sources of caffeine, chocolate or cocoa that provides theobromine, alcoholic beverages and others foods such as pizza, fermented or citrus.
Likewise, it is advisable to sleep well each night and control the level of stress, as both factors have been associated with a higher rate of recurrence of migraines.
On the other hand, people with migraines may be more sensitive to light, movements and loud noises, in this case, it is advisable to reduce exposure to these stimuli in order to prevent new episodes of migraine.
Avoiding a sedentary lifestyle is also of great help since regular moderate to low-intensity exercise can contribute to stress reduction and prevent migraine episodes as well as performing breathing exercises as studies show.
These are the factors to control if you want to prevent migraines through a healthy lifestyle.
Image Credit: GettyImages