High levels of visceral fat are associated with numerous diseases, so if you want to have good health, it is advisable to try to reduce this adiposity in the abdominal region. Eliminating certain products from your diet could make this task easier.
A higher intake of sugary drinks may be associated with an abnormal accumulation of abdominal fat. So, if you want to lower your beer belly, it is a good idea to exclude soft drinks, sweetened teas and coffees, energy drinks, and any other in which sugar has been added from your diet.
- The 6 secrets to good dental and oral health – except brushing, flossing and avoiding sugary snacks
- A man hospitalized after eating five live frogs ‘to get stronger’
- Two beverages that can make your arthritis symptoms worse, according to experts
- Doctor reveals dangerous side effects of Protein Shakes
- FDA forces Johnson & Johnson to scrap 60 million doses of its COVID vaccine
“It’s very easy to gain visceral fat on a diet with sugary drinks,” Dr. Louise Wiseman tells The Express.
A study carried out by Harvard Medical School, in which more than 2,500 volunteers participated, confirms the claim of the health professional.
Research results revealed that consuming sugary beverages was “positively associated” with visceral fat levels. Daily users of sugary drinks had visceral fat levels 10% higher than those who did not.
In addition to dispensing sweetened beverages, Wiseman recommends other changes to put an end to excess belly fat. The main healthy habit to burn that fat is ” 30 minutes of exercise” daily, the doctor said.
Wiseman also named other proven ways to decrease belly girth. For those who want to lose weight, the doctor said that it is essential to sleep well, avoid alcohol consumption, minimize stress and have a balanced diet.