Residents of Brisbane, Australia, witnessed a totally incredible scene when they came across a gigantic insect during a walk up to Camp Mountain.
Australians were quick to share images of the unusual find with a community of entomologists. In one of the photos, you can see how a man poses next to the monstrous insect, sitting on the trunk of a tree. Another image shows that the moth is larger than a child’s hand.
- Escaped child serial killer who drank blood of boys was hunted down by villagers
- Teen girls start developing tics shortly after watching TikTok videos of people displaying tics – doctors warn
- Some drugs having anti-inflammatory may prevent the worst effects of COVID-19 infection – says study
- COVID-19: Could a headache be the only symptom?
- Can Vaccines Fight Long-term COVID-19 Symptoms?
“How beautiful” and “wow! It’s EPIC” were some of the comments on the post.
But what is this amazing insect called? Most likely it is Endoxyla cinereus, or the gigantic wood moth. This nocturnal creature of the Cossidae family, which lives in some areas of Australia and New Zealand, is considered the heaviest moth in the world, as it can reach 30 grams in weight. As for its wingspan, it can reach 23 centimeters.