Trina Davis Williams, a Bermuda resident, found a bottle with an unusual message on the beach while walking with her children.
The woman found the bottle in the garbage on one of the small beaches.
“Once getting to the beach I was amazed at the amount of garbage that had floated in with the seaweed. While I was taking pictures of the trash-filled seaweed, I noticed the bottle sitting there,” Trina told the Royal Gazette.
Inside the bottle, she found a letter, a photo, a postcard, and some earplugs.
The photo showed the crew of a ship, and the postcard was from the Albatross VI ship. Although the letter was a bit damp and some of the words were faded, but the essence was clear.
The author of the message was Orlando A. Thompson, an engineer on the Albatros VI ship of the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. He put the bottle in the water more than 12 years ago, on November 3, 2008.
- Lung Cancer: a natural plant-based medicine that can block the spread of Bronchogenic Carcinomas
- New way of cleaning salad and green vegetables could reduce food poisoning and even extend its shelf life – fresh even after 6 days
- Ten Covid symptoms that might look like you have coronavirus – but it’s actually something else
- Do not let your guard down after the vaccination – warns a pediatrician after second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine
- Johnny Depp turns the claims made by Amber Heard in his favor, showing in the video how it was
“This is our last time with the Albatros VI. The scientists and the ship’s crew became a family,” the letter said.
The coordinates indicated in the message were from the outskirts of Rhode Island, that is, quite close to the place of the find.
Trina contacted Mr. Thompson, now retired, to let him know that she had found his message.
The engineer explained that he had put earplugs in his bottle because the crew often had to protect their ears while working around the noisy ship engines.
Trina, in turn, invited him to her wedding to be held in July. The bottle, according to the bride, would be part of the decoration of the ceremony. Orlando promised that he would try to come to his party.