The social network Instagram introduced a new feature called “Recently Deleted”.
This new feature will allow users to review and restore posts once deleted. The feature will be useful for hacking-related cases, and also secures the platform.
Sometimes, when accessing an account, hackers delete the content and until now users could not recover it. Starting February 2, to permanently delete or restore photos, videos, and stories, users will need to confirm that they own the account. They can do this in two ways: by sending a text message or an email.
- The secrets and curiosities Ginger hides
- Six Most Effective Ways to Cure Your Insomnia, Say Experts
- John Kerry reacts to Andrew Marr’s go vegetarian demand
- High blood pressure: Study Says This Diet Can Stop Hypertension
- If you’re feeling this for no obvious reason could be the early warning signs of a Heart attack, Say Experts
“We know this is something people have been asking for and now, for the first time, you can review and restore deleted content in the Instagram app. We also added protections to help prevent hackers from compromising your account and deleting posts you’ve shared,” says the document.
All deleted content will end up in the recently deleted folder. The stories will remain there for up to 24 hours and during this period can be easily restored. The other types of content will be automatically deleted after 30 days. To recover it, you will need to go to settings, account and choose recently deleted.
The new feature is now available in the latest version of the app.