In the UK, a 10-year-old girl became pregnant and gave birth in early July, becoming the youngest mother in the country. However, her family did not know that she was pregnant.
The birth went well. The mother and child feel good and their health is not in danger.
It is reported that social services are investigating the circumstances of the pregnancy and are talking to her family, who did not know about the pregnancy.
- Study says this drink could reduce death risk from chronic liver disease by 49%
- Like Vitamin D, taking this supplement may offer ‘extra protection’ against Covid – says study
- Experts named foods that reduce the risk of stroke
- 10 biggest U.S. cities continue to wield great political clout?
- FBI helps bust 8 Nigerians who were involved in defrauding more than 100 women of almost $7m
According to a source from The Sun, questions are raised as to why people did not know about the pregnancy.
Previously, the youngest parents in the UK were a 13-year-old boy and a 12-year-old girl. They had a baby in 2014.
There was a reported case in 2017 of another girl in the UK giving birth aged 11 but no further details ever came up.
Note that puberty usually begins around 11 years old in girls, but can last from 8 to 14 years old, with weight playing an important role.
Young children are at increased risk of developing problems, including premature birth and infections.