An unknown person barricaded himself in the room and fired five times through the door. After lengthy negotiations with the police, the attacker shot himself.
In Hawaii on Sunday, April 11, an armed man barricaded himself in a room at the Kahala Hotel in Honolulu. After a 10-hour confrontation with the police, he committed suicide.
- This much coffee raises your risk of dementia
- Doctor explains what people can do to stay safe as Delta variant cases rise
- This is how leaky calcium puts epileptics at heart risk
- A protein that keeps the immune system from going crazy could lead to new treatments
- Delta Variant’s Severe Dangers, Even for Fully Vaccinated – Report
According to Honolulu police, the unidentified man fired five shots through his room door. No one was injured as a result of the shooting. Guests and hotel staff were evacuated.
Honolulu police said SWAT teams entered the hotel room at 03:30 am Sunday morning and found the suspect with a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
According to preliminary information from the police, he could have been a military man.