The circumstances behind the boys’ obtaining of the pistol are not yet known, but police said the incident was “just a truly unfortunate tragic accident”.
A teenage boy has been fatally shot dead by his friend, according to the police.
The two youngsters, ages 13 and 15, left their homes early on Saturday morning before meeting at a church parking lot in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- New study reports “persistent symptoms” of Covid-19 Breakthrough Infections six weeks after both Pfizer jabs
- New study exposes every anti-vaxxer
- How do you reconcile your love for someone with their bad behavior?
- New study shows dogs can detect deception
- Israeli baby born with twin inside her tummy
According to West Jordan Police Lieutenant Richard Bell, one of the guys carried a gun, which unintentionally went off, killing the 13-year-old.
According to the police officer, the 15-year-old called 911 right away, frightened and eager to rescue his buddy.
It’s unclear how the boys got their hands on the weapon, but Lt Bell said they had no idea it was loaded.
He stated in remarks published by The Salt Lake Tribune:
On suspicion of manslaughter, the older kid was sent to a juvenile prison centre.
Lt Bell said:
Image Credit: Getty