The circumstances behind the boys’ obtaining of the pistol are not yet known, but police said the incident was “just a truly unfortunate tragic accident”.
A teenage boy has been fatally shot dead by his friend, according to the police.
The two youngsters, ages 13 and 15, left their homes early on Saturday morning before meeting at a church parking lot in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Chronic Back Pain? What Your Doctor Might Be ‘Missing’ – According to New Study
- What Happens in the Brain As Alzheimer’s Disease Progresses? New Research Reveals Everything You Need to Know About
- One Surprising Sign of Extremely High Cholesterol You Shouldn’t Ignore, According to Expert
- SARS-CoV-2’s New Twist: The Hidden Genetic Ripple Effects of Molnupiravir – Here’s What You Need to Know
- Do You Know? How Microbes Rise Again After Wildfires
According to West Jordan Police Lieutenant Richard Bell, one of the guys carried a gun, which unintentionally went off, killing the 13-year-old.
According to the police officer, the 15-year-old called 911 right away, frightened and eager to rescue his buddy.
It’s unclear how the boys got their hands on the weapon, but Lt Bell said they had no idea it was loaded.
He stated in remarks published by The Salt Lake Tribune:
On suspicion of manslaughter, the older kid was sent to a juvenile prison centre.
Lt Bell said:
Image Credit: Getty